Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The First Step

First Juneteenth happened. Then Andrea and Jaime Lee both assume leadership roles in the company and immediately start paying dividends. Now we land our first grant. Yes! The Multnomah County Cultural Coalition awards us a Community Cultural Participation Grant. I think this is what we call "momentum building". There is so much to do...it's nice to get a little encouragement. The tasks before us are becoming clear. We're becoming an entity, a force. Now we have to become legal. And then, and then...

I'm excited. I really am. I mean, it's a small start but I'll be goddamned if it isn't a start. There are more grants to get, fundraisers to have, readings, and of course, we're putting on a play. The important thing to do right now, of course, is to take a deep breath, take stock, clear our collective and collective vision...and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment